BLOWING THE BUDGET…
THE MAIN REASONS PROJECTS GO OVER BUDGET
We’re tackling a massive topic here today on Building with BuildHer, and a topic that is one of the most important aspects of any renovation. We’re talking budgets!
We know your palms are probably starting to sweat just reading the word, “budget”, but we’re here to help you feel like you can tackle this head-on. We share three key areas where we think you need to focus to keep you sticking to your budget, and feeling good about the choices you’re making.
Budgeting doesn’t have to be a dirty word, you just need the right information and a solid plan.
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
SOME TOPICS THAT WE COVER:
- Working out your budget, and allowing for a contingency
- Being clear with designers on both the scope of work and the budget
- Factoring in your family or business values when planning your renovation
- Do your research and obtain numerous quotes to ensure you’re receiving the right product
- Establishing your “cost buckets” and how much to allocate to each
- Renovating in stages within your “master plan” if you don’t have all the money you need all at once
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group but ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating, this is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!