OH NO, IT’S THE SILLY SEASON…
KNOWING HOW TO ASSESS THE RIGHT PROPERTY
Today we’re having a big ol’ chit-chat to discuss the “renovator’s delight”. You’ve seen a property and it definitely needs work, but you’re seeing the potential that lies within. That’s great, and it’s very exciting, but before you go full steam ahead and purchase the property we want you to really assess what needs to be done.
We’re here to share a few handy tips to really get you thinking about that “renovator’s delight” project before you sign on the dotted line. We know it’s super satisfying when you flip a property from zero, to hero. But there are quite a few traps that you can fall into if you haven’t thought the project through in some detail. We want you to feel excited about taking on any renovation and we’re here to arm you with the knowledge and the benefits of our past experience so that you can avoid some of the issues we’ve faced.
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
SOME TOPICS THAT WE COVER:
- Knowing how to assess the renovation costs properly
- Working through the site potential and pitfalls that need to be avoided
- Is there a need in the market
- Is subdivision actually an option
- Looking at each room that needs work, and attaching an actual figure to the cost to renovate
- Setting a realistic budget based on the number of rooms you’re wanting to renovate
- Resisting the urge to demolish anything before you’ve had your loan approved
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – JOIN US!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group but ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating, this is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!