Despite having no money and no experience, our guest today did not find it a problem at all! Laura Percey saw developing as a way to provide the lifestyle that she wanted for her family and decided that she would do everything she could to pursue that dream… aka ask 1,000,000 questions!!!
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 42
NO MONEY, NO EXPERIENCE – NO PROBLEM!
LAURA PERCEY FROM KINGBELLA GROUP SHARES HOW SHE STARTED FROM SCRATCH
WELCOME LAURA PERCEY
You may find it hard to believe that you can achieve your property development goals without any money and with zero experience but that is exactly what this next guest has accomplished.
IN THIS PODCAST WE TALK ABOUT HOW HAVING NO MONEY AND NO EXPERIENCE IS NO PROBLEM
Rebeka is chatting with the unstoppable Laura Percey who advises and develops property for a living. Laura began with a pipe dream and no experience. Through hard work and a tremendous amount of effort, she cultivated her career in property development and went on to create and co-found the Kingbella Group – an incredibly successful property development company.
Using enormous courage and a kickass attitude, Laura began by negotiating an off-market sale through a real estate agent with zero money down. She then secured the finance through a joint venture partnership with investment partners. Through a lot of hard work, research, time and effort she has now gone on to secure a $30 million deal!
In this episode, Laura shares how her mindset has played such an important role in her success and has given her the drive to focus her energy on her goals and where she wants to be.
Laura will also be sharing her amazing story in depth in the DevelopHer’s Inner Circle – something only available to the DevelopHers in our Masterclass program! If you are feeling motivated and inspired by her journey, click the link to find out more about our DevelopHer’s Masterclass.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE OF NO MONEY, NO EXPERIENCE, NO PROBLEM:
- [1:44]: Laura describes her past experience and her journey to beginning in property development through self-education. She describes her motivation and mission for the Kingbella Group.
- [4:49]: Laura shares the experience of her first deal of a four pack townhouse.
- [6:14]: Laura bought off-market through an agent. She describes the terms of the deposit and how you can use as little as $1000 for an initial deposit.
- [7:15]: Rebeka outlines the unknowns that need to be considered when embarking on a development.
- [8:21]: Laura did a ‘no money down’ deal as a joint venture partnership. She brought her time and skills to the project to a finance partner.
- [11:09]: Rebeka describes the process of being a working partner and the liabilities and legal considerations around buying off-market, having a year to get all of the plans through, and the conditions around securing finance.
- [12:20]: It is so important when working with joint ventures that you have a very solid and comprehensive feasibility report.
- [13:24]: Click here to get the BuildHer feasibility template for only $7.
- [15:02]: Call your local council for free advice.
- [16:36]: Laura shares how she puts such tremendous amounts of work in and the mindset she has developed to help her invest so much effort into her work.
- [19:11]: Good marketing, a website, and a facebook group increased the perception that agents had with Laura’s company as they were comforted by business-to-business deals.
- [19:49]: Laura will be on the DevelopHers Inner Circle to talk through in more detail about this process. Access is exclusive to our Masterclass participants. However if you would like to find out more about our DevelopHers Masterclass, click the link above,
- [20:38]: Laura shares her story from her beginnings to her current successes. She has now secured a $30 million deal!
- [23:03]: Set your sights on where you want to be. Decide what you need to do on a daily basis to get there.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kingbella Group: Kingbella Group | Bespoke Property Development
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!