With life throwing so many challenges at us these days, seeking help and guidance to help you get through it can come from a variety of different sources. One of them is a personal coach. This week on the podcast Rebeka talks to her personal coach Alexandra Andrews.
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 64
WORKING WITH A PERSONAL COACH
COULD THEY HELP YOU?
HELP CAN COME FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
Have you ever worked with a personal coach?
We all have a lot going on in our lives and regardless of what’s happening in your career, your family, or your projects, if things are out of balance, it can get really stressful.
IN THIS PODCAST WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WORKING WITH A PERSONAL COACH
In this episode, Rebeka chats with her personal coach, Alexandra Andrews, to talk about what exactly a coach does and the type of work she does with Rebeka to help keep her life in balance.
Alexandra talks about taking ownership of your state and how you show up in the world instead of reacting out of stress. She and Rebeka chat about not comparing your life or capabilities to anyone else but defining what brings YOU joy and not just being busy for busy’s sake.
It’s certainly a full time of year with Christmas around the corner and if you’ve got any projects going on, that can add a huge amount of stress. Just remember, too much stress can be counter-productive.
Think about how you could bring the different areas of your life into a greater balance. And if that’s something you struggle with, get in touch with Alexandra! She’s been a huge help for Rebeka!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE OF WORKING WITH A PERSONAL COACH:
- [3:20]: Alex is an executive business and life coach. You have to coach all areas because they interconnect and it’s an opportunity to talk to someone not related to the issue.
- [4:45]: Balance is the thing Rebeka is always striving for. It’s all about self awareness and a coach will call you out on your bullshit.
- [6:30]: We all have a blueprint for how we see life but a coach helps you question and see things from a different perspective.
- [8:30]: Everyone wants to achieve something different. As a coach, Alex looks at what brings people joy and helps to find balance in their life.
- [10:00]: The balance of being stressed and being counterproductive because of that stress is about the state you’re in. You need to take ownership of your state and how you show up.
- [11:30]: Alex teaches an NLP technique that helps you take charge of how you turn up to things instead of living and reacting out of stress.
- [12:15]: This is the busiest week of Rebeka’s life but she loves everything she’s doing. If you can let go of everything else and focus on the present moment, that’s the sweet spot.
- [14:00]: Sometimes we can get worked up about the perceived stress, not the actual issue.
- [15:00]: Don’t be intimidated by what others can and can’t handle. We are all individuals and we each need to find our own perfect balance.
- [16:30]: There’s no blanket coaching method. It’s the same for every area of our lives and the important part is you being happy with your life.
- [18:30]: Alex understands the pressures of developing and dealing with your own stuff. Whatever you do, if you turn up stressed, everyone else will pick it up too. Your state is your most important thing.
- [20:45]: Where to find Alex.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Australia Build Online
- Sydney Build Expo
- Discover more about Alex here on her Website
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!