JOIN THE BUILDHER TEAM!
We are looking for an BDM – business development manager, someone who wants to get stuck into growing, building and having fun with us!
BuildHer Collective helps women build in a number of ways, online courses, Q&A’s, groups, doing their own home and also developing for profit! We need someone to help call people who enquire and speak to them about all the many ways we can help.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our small but exciting and fast paced team. You will love speaking to people, you will love helping them, you will want to pick up the phone and see where they are at with their builds and developments and get them to the next stage or step. Your role will be selling, taking payments and generally helping people on their journey.
You will be speaking to people and selling, but then working closely with them across various social media platforms and Q&A’s. Your role will be about both growing and supporting our community. The great news here is our community is A.Maz.Ing – they are building, renovating, buying, selling – doing deals and having fun doing it. We are so proud of them, what they are achieving and how they are helping each other – we would just like to grow and support more of the same.
A passion for marketing and strategic thinking. There is scope in this role to work with us on our marketing and growth plans and roll out new and fun types of events and offers. Ideas are welcome, so an interest in this area would be advantageous. At BuildHer we are a little opportunistic, so show us what skills you have and what you love and we will try our best to utilise them.
Brand management and partnerships will also feature, we work with some wonderful brands and sometimes we may need your help and involvement speaking to them about how we could work together in terms of events, developments, product and community.
So if you love sales, and building or interiors and want to be part of a great, fast paced, fun and nimble business which makes a difference to how people live, then please apply!
Boring but essential information:
– The role is part time, but spread over a min of 4 days per week (perhaps in school hours if that is needed) and preferably have the ability to at least work one evening.
– We need you to be able to focus on all our many BuildHer wonders, so having a side gig will not work for us, however if you have a side build or development on the go this would be a Bonus!
– We would need you to work at least one day with our team on site and this is currently in Hawthorn.
– We run a minimum of 3 weekend events annually and would need you to attend the Friday night dinner (yumm!), and then the Saturday and Sunday workshops. There will be other adhoc events in the evenings or webinars as well.
– You will need to be proficient with email, excel, word and pick up software quickly. Nothing is hard but there are a number of systems to learn.
– Salary will be a mix of base and commissions
– We need someone who will just muck in and do, so whilst the above is the gist, we are a small business, we are nimble and things move at a fast pace. You will need to be open to growth.
– Sometimes there will be sharing for socials and assistance with what is required for the whole team.
– Experience in not necessary here, but a love of talking to people about their journey, working our solutions and understanding elements of the build/interiors/renovation cycle would be advantageous.
– Wow us! Write us an email and tell us why this role speaks to you!
– It is a sales job, so show us you can sell yourself.