SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW…
WHAT’S THE VISION FOR YOU HOME?
We often find that when people decide to renovate or build, they jump into it headfirst. They go straight to hiring an architect or hiring a draftsperson or speaking to a builder about how much it’s going to cost. But, they’ve actually missed a few really fundamental steps before any of those things should happen and we’re going to break these down for you on the podcast today.
Taking the time to really explore your vision for how you want to feel in your home is paramount to ending up with a space that you love. We have a three-step process, which will help you get started on your renovation or building journey, and save you quite a lot of heartache down the line.
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
SOME TOPICS THAT WE COVER:
- Don’t rely on the Pintest boards for your design inspiration. Think about your unique needs for your home.
- Tapping into your own creativity to discover what might work for your project.
- Thinking about the type of energy you want to create in your home, and where energy flows.
- Talking to your partner about their desires for the home, and seeing where you align, and how you can create a space that is suitable for both of you.
- If you have a family, how does your family use the home – do you need lots of private spaces, or are you more open plan?
- Taking the time to think about these visions, and how they need to be integrated.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – JOIN US!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group but ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating, this is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!