A BUILDHER BUILDING TALE
WITH ANNA CRAWFORD – IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO LEARN!
A house is more than just a building – a fact that even experienced builders can learn and build on under the mentorship of the BuildHer collective. Today’s guest is no exception: developing for profit, managing interiors, styling and of course the building – Anna Crawford does it all. She is a BuildHer, DevelopHer and a loved member of Rebeka and Kribashini’s inner circle. She represents half of a building design team Crawford Building completed by her builder-husband and she plays a critical role in managing the business side of building. They recently had success with the sale of 6 Simpson Street, Kew in Victoria – an architect-designed double-storey dwelling with four bedrooms, two living areas and two bathrooms, that was built from scratch – and Anna discusses the challenges of revealing the soul of this house when starting from the slab.
Rebeka and Anna discuss Anna’s latest project, feasibility studies, managing sale price expectations, developing for profit and the difference between developing existing houses and starting from scratch.
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
SOME TOPICS THAT WE COVER:
- The importance of your feasibility study – manage your property price expectations
- Not every project is going to be a “knock it out of the park” profit
- Selling allows you to move forward onto the next project
- There’s no such thing as a perfect site
- Breathing soul into a new house built from scratch
- Pros and cons of renovating for profit and living in your houses-in-progress
- How the BuildHer Collective community help build Anna
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Crawford Building Website
- Anna’s Instagram: @crawford_building
- Anna’s Current Build on Instagram: @halecottage1926
- Check out our freebies page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – JOIN US!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group but ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating, this is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!