DEVELOPHERING FOR YOUR LIFESTYLE!
HOW TO TRANSITION OUT OF YOUR DAY JOB INTO RENOVATING FOR PROFIT
A topic that comes up a lot for us is the building lifestyle. How do I transition out of my day job and start supplementing my income with building and renovating for profit? It’s a question that a lot of people are asking and it’s one we’re passionate about answering. This is what we do and it’s what we love!
The beauty of running your own projects is that it’s flexible with the lifestyle you want to create. In this episode, we talk about how a lot of women get to a stage where they’ve worked really hard, they’ve built a career and when they start having children, they don’t want to be bound by long hours glued to a desk. We’ve been there and we don’t want to do that anymore either!
We also talk about what we’ve created with the DevelopHer’s group and how exciting it is. Not only do we get to have fun being involved in hundreds of new projects, but we are also connected to this amazing community of women who all want the same thing. We go into a bit more detail about how the BuildHer Masterclass works and why sharing the journey and learning as a group is so helpful in avoiding common pitfalls.
The building lifestyle can work for so many people. The transition takes time and it’s a journey that requires patience but will also bring excitement, fulfilment and purpose to your life. So if you’re in limbo and think you might want to take the plunge but aren’t quite sure how to approach things, give us a call. We have loads of experience and are keen to help.
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
SOME TOPICS THAT WE COVER:
- [1:33]: Kribashini and Rebeka talk about what they both love about building and how they love it for different reasons
- [2:55]: How people are often looking to supplement their income to adapt to the lifestyle they desire
- [4:21]: The flexibility of project work and how the DevelopHer’s Masterclass works
- [6:07]: How Kribashini loves working on projects and really enjoys being involved in so many through the BuildHer community
- [7:15]: The process of transitioning out of a day job and supplementing your income with building projects
- [9:00]: People who already have a complementary business and want to use developments as a vehicle to showcase their work
- [10:50]: How Kribashini’s value system changed when she had a baby and that a lot of women are in the same place
- [11:50]: The beauty of being able to balance projects around your lifestyle instead of being tied to traditional work hours
- [13:30]: Kribashini and Rebeka reflect on pressures at their previous jobs, getting stuck in the rat race and how everything changes in your 30s and 40s
- [15:04]: How a lot of women in the DevelopHer’s program are working to create a lifestyle that will suit their family
- [17:10]: The DevelopHer community of sharing and learning from each other and going into detail to help others on the journey
- [19:44]: Register for a call if this is something you’re interested in
- [21:00]: Being proud of what you’re doing. Say it loud and say it proud!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program
- Build Like a MasterBuildHer Masterclass Program
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group but ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating, this is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!