WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 1
LET’S TALK ABOUT SITE GEAR
You know what we’d like? To walk around site looking fabulous, feeling comfortable and complying with PPE requirements at the same time. We don’t think that’s too much to ask and with loads of site visit experience up our workwear sleeves, we’ve got some hot tips for all you ladies out there.
This episode is all about site gear. It’s not always pretty, but it’s something that you need. We share some super practical tips for making sure you’re wearing the appropriate gear when heading out for site visits. There’s a bit of a debate going on about pants versus shorts and Rebeka and Kribashini share their personal preferences for what they think works best.
We also talk about the latest workwear from KingGee just for women and how we’re feeling pretty fine in our new gear. As much as Rebeka wishes that heels fit into the steel-capped boots category, we have to say work boots have come a long way and it’s possible to look good, feel good and be safe on site.
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
SOME TOPICS THAT WE COVER:
- [1:40]: Top tip: Keep a plastic bag in your car boot for dirty site boots
- [2:30]: Taking the top tip further: Keep a plastic tub in the car boot to store all your site gear
- [3:20]: When doing a site visit, chat with whoever’s responsible on-site to help understand PPE requirements
- [4:00]: How Rebeka and Kribashini received new KingGee site gear and the big debate between pants and shorts
- [5:00]: It’s important to be comfortable in what you’re wearing on-site so you can inspect things properly
- [7:00]: How workwear should complement your existing outfit so that you don’t have to completely change to visit a site
- [8:15]: The different site requirements including steel-capped boots, hi-vis vests and hard hats and how it’s good to have your own
- [9:25]: How you need to have your site gear ready to go when completing your white card training
- [10:00]: Skirts can be really problematic on-site. Just don’t wear them!
- [10:46]: Site boots have come a long way and they’re starting to be a bit more fashionable
- [12:15]: Buying from a catalogue can be tricky. KingGee jackets were down a size for example.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- KingGee Women’s Wear
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program
- Build Like a MasterBuildHer Masterclass Program
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group but ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating, this is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!