In this week’s podcast with Alison Lewis, we chat to this lovely DevelopHer about completing her Kew build and the process of selling it. This home we love for so many reasons, the warmth, the textures and Alison’s style and design sprinkled in every nook and cranny. How could it not go into our new book BuildHer?!
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 18
SHE’S IN THE BUILDHER BOOK!
WE’RE EXCITED TO HAVE YOU ALISON (AGAIN)!
Have you ever thought about how much easier interior designers must have it? They’ve got all the knowledge, all the skills, they’ve got all the supplier discounts and industry secrets. For an interior designer, styling and renovating a home must be a sinch, right? Well, not so according to our return guest, Alison Lewis from Alison Lewis Interiors.
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE BUILDHER PODCAST WITH ALISON LEWIS
Rebeka and Alison dispel all the myths about the clarity and certainty you can have, even with years of industry experience up your sleeve. We talk about not getting things exactly right the first time and how you can reassess, reevaluate and design the lifestyle that is right for you in accordance with your values.
Alison is an interior designer and property developer based in Melbourne. Like a lot of Victorians, Alison and her husband dreamed of sunny skies by the beach and in this episode, she talks about her decision to relocate her family to Noosa and how the long car ride gave them a lot of thinking time to reconsider.
Featuring in our BuildHer book as a case study, Alison talks about her current project in Melbourne, how she dealt with the exterior and landscaping and how she crafted it to wow potential buyers from the entrance.
Rebeka and Alison exchange their thoughts on the beauty of collaboration in the design process, how design is incredibly broad and that figuring it out together fosters synergy and creates great results. We adore Alison and everything she brings to the building industry, so much so that we featured her in our book!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
We hope you enjoyed this update to Alison’s Kew home and what’s coming up next for her. We’re excited to see and also follow along on the North House journey – which her next building baby!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS BUILDHER PODCAST WITH ALISON LEWIS:
- [2:15] – Alison’s move out of Melbourne and into Noosa, her previous experiences that led to that test, and the driving force which was a desire for variety.
- [4:00] – How Alison made the decision to leave work as an employee and pursue her authentic self.
- [5:35] – The process of permanently shifting her life and the conclusion to stay in Melbourne.
- [9:20] – Alison is a case study in the new BuildHer book. This features the current project being worked on in Melbourne.
- [11:00] – How Alison dealt with the exterior and landscaping for this project. Balancing a decision between parking space and yard space to give a potential buyer what they want.
- [14.30] – How Alison crafted the exterior look of the house to wow potential buyers from the entrance.
- [17:45] – The beauty of collaboration in the design process. Design is incredibly broad, but figuring it out together fosters synergy and creates great results.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Alison’s Website and Instagram
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!