On the BuildHer Podcast with Jen Bishop, we talk about her super successful blog Interiors Addict and how it all started. We dispel the myth that you need to spend a whole bunch of money to actually create the home that you want AND we share loads of tips and tricks on how to change up your space without blowing out the budget. Sounds like a good chat, doesn’t it! Enjoy.
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 19
SHE’S IS AN INTERIORS ADDICT!
IT’S SO NICE TO CHAT WITH YOU JEN!
There’s a mentality around that says you can’t have the home you want without spending a whole bunch of money. But our guest today has some super sneaky tips for things you can do to change the way your existing space feels without blowing the budget.
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE BUILDHER PODCAST WITH JEN BISHOP
On the podcast today is Jen Bishop, the original interiors addict. Without any formal training in design and out of pure passion, Jen started the Interiors Addict blog as a way to gather all her inspirations into one place. 10 years down the track, Interiors Addict is now Australia’s largest interior design, styling and renovation blog, sharing home and renovation inspiration for everyday Aussies.
In this episode, Jen chats about her inspiration for starting the blog in the first place and how not being formally trained enables her to create relatable content and achievable projects for her readers. Jen is currently renovating her home in Sydney and sharing the whole process with her audience from beginning to end so we also chat a bit about that.
Jen shares 3 tangible tips for how to make your home look and feel better without digging too deep into your pockets. We talk about the magic of a coat of paint and how you just need to go for it (treat it like hair – it’ll grow back!). Jen and Rebeka also chat about how they love moving furniture and decor around to change things up and how you can improve a whole room by tackling one bothersome part that just doesn’t function properly.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
There’s some really great tips and tricks and interior home “how to’s” in this podcast and we hope you enjoyed it!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS BUILDHER PODCAST WITH JEN BISHOP:
- [1.00]: Introducing Jen who has run the blog The Interiors Addict for 10 years. How this all kicked off for her.
- [3.30]: How Jen creates relatable content and achievable projects for her readers because she wasn’t formally trained.
- [4.30] Why Jen thinks it’s important to show the whole process of renovating to her audience, not just the before and after.
- [7.30]: Adjusting the space in our homes to function differently during and after the coronavirus shift.
- [9.30]: Improving a whole room by tackling one bothersome part that just doesn’t function properly.
- [11.40]: Jen shares 3 quick and simple ways to change the way a whole space feels. The first of which is a fresh coat of paint. The second is to address those lingering problem areas. The third is to play with your furniture, move them around in your space and swap pieces throughout your house.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Jen’s Blog: https://theinteriorsaddict.com/
- Jen’s Instagram: @interiorsaddict
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUPS
BHC DevelopHers Circle and BuildHer Collective Members Only – these are closed groups for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer course or who have joined our DevelopHers Inner Circle.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!