In this we’re calling “No Money Down Deals”, we’re talking to Rob Flux from the Developer Network who tells us that yes – it is possible to get into property development. Even if you don’t have money for a deposit, because it’s all about thinking resourcefully. After years of experience (and a very early start in the property market), Rob shares his knowledge with us when it comes to property development.
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 26
NO MONEY DOWN DEALS
YES – IT IS STILL POSSIBLE TO GET INTO THE PROPERTY MARKET!
WELCOME ROB FLUX TO THE PODCAST!
For a lot of people, the idea of getting into property development feels too far out of reach. If you don’t have money for a deposit and ongoing repayments, you couldn’t possibly buy a property, right? Well, our guest today says that’s just not the case if you’re able to think resourcefully.
NO MONEY DOWN DEALS
In this episode, Kribashini is joined by Rob Flux, a successful property developer, educator, mentor, and public speaker on all things property development. Starting his property journey at just 18 years of age, Rob achieved financial freedom and now spends much of his time teaching others to do the same through his company, Developer Network Pty Ltd.
Rob shares his journey of getting into the development space and how he built wealth by manufacturing profit rather than relying on the market to create the profit for him. He tells the story of Developer Network’s humble beginnings, starting out with a group of friends literally sitting at his kitchen table and how it expanded to being Australia’s largest property development network group.
If you’re after a few gold nuggets when it comes to property development, look no further. Rob shares his top tips and advice for people getting started. He talks about choosing one strategy and sticking with it, gaining control rather than ownership, and most importantly, working on your mindset to let go of limiting beliefs.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
Rob has certainly given us some great tips and something to thing about hasn’t he? We love talking to experts in the property market, and we hope you enjoyed this podcast episode of Building with BuildHer.
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE OF NO MONEY DOWN DEALS:
- [1:30]: How Rob got started in property development, buying his first property at age 18, building wealth and educating himself to learn how to manufacture profit.
- [3:00]: Rob got together with a group of friends who were in the same boat and used a masterminding process to help work on projects as a collective.
- [5:15]: How Rob’s group started out at his kitchen table and is now the largest networking group in Australia.
- [7:00]: Buying property requires money but many people lack resources. Rob talks about how this can challenge your limiting beliefs but that you have to think resourcefully.
- [8:45]: How mindset is the biggest barrier to people starting their property development journey.
- [10:00]: Choose one strategy and stick with it. Find one strategy that works in your area and aligns with your goals, values, and risk profile.
- [12:00]: Being clear on your journey will give you more chance of enrolling your partner in the development journey alongside you
- [13:00]: The people in Rob’s network are a blend of people developing as a hobby and transitioning into full-time development.
- [14:00]: How Rob’s meetups including industry experts and people sharing real-life learnings and mistakes they’ve made in their journey so people can learn from peer experience.
- [18:30]: They then recreate the kitchen table experience by breaking people into smaller masterminds and have an after meeting at the bar where true networking occurs.
- [19:50]: The best way to do a no-money-down deal is to never buy the property. Control rather than ownership is way more important.
- [20:50]: The most important thing is to do personal development on you, rather than learning skills. Headspace is our biggest limiting factor.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Rob’s Website: www.robflux.com
- The Development Network: www.developernetwork.com.au
- The book “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!