Our guest today on Building with BuildHer is Samantha Wills. When she found herself at a creative impass (15 years after starting a massively successfuly global jewellery business) she made the bold and brave decision to close it and start another creative adventure. This time mentoring and educating other creative businesses and oh… writing a best selling book ‘Of Gold and Dust’. Listen in as she talks to Rebeka about the journey.
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 36
FROM PASSIONATE CREATIVE TO CREATIVE ENTREPENEUR
LET US INTRODUCE TO SAMANTHA WILLS
It’s such an amazing feat and accomplishment to build an incredibly successful empire and walk away after 15 years to explore a new creative venture.
IN THIS PODCAST WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BEING A PASSIONATE CREATE & A CREATIVE ENTREPRENEUR
In this episode, Rebeka is talking with Samantha Wills from Samantha Wills Jewellery. She grew an empire with her jewellery pieces all across America, Hollywood, and the red carpet. We discuss how she faced a crossroads in her career and decided to close her business and begin a new path where she can cultivate her creativity and passion.
Samantha shares her amazing journey from hand-making her jewellery on her dining room table to leading a successful company and writing her new autobiographical book ‘Of Gold and Dust’. Through the Samantha Wills Institute, Samantha supports other business owners in their own journey and the realities they face when operating a business.
Samantha shares her advice when starting again and explains how it is incredibly important to listen to your intuition and that little voice in your head that is telling you where you really want to go and what you really want to accomplish.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
We love to hear and chat to other inspiring and entrepreneurial women making a mark. We hope you enjoy this one too!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE WITH OUR CREATIVE ENTREPRENEUR:
- [01:54]: Samantha Wills discusses her journey and how she began hand-making jewellery on her dining room table and selling them at the Bondi Beach markets.
- [03:00]: Samantha sold $17, 000 worth of orders from Fashion Week and quit her day job the next day.
- [03:30]: After 15 years, Samantha decided creatively she wanted to do something else.
- [03:49]: Samantha’s autobiographical book is called Of Gold and Dust.
- [05:41]: The age of Instagram, is the age of perceived perfection. We don’t want to do anything because we can be scared to do anything and appear imperfect.
- [06:58]: Samantha launched the Samantha Wills Foundation which gave a voice to the realities of business.
- [08:15]: Samantha discusses the challenges that are described in the book that she faced while operating her business.
- [09:54]: Samantha explains why she closed the business.
- [15:14]: We discuss crossroads in our decision making and how the new path can generate fear resulting in people tending to choose the comfortable known path.
- [17:00]: Samantha shares her reasoning behind closing the company and not selling.
- [17:43]: Samantha discusses what she has done since closing the company and working with the Samantha Wills Foundation.
- [20:45]: It is very difficult to publish personal stories in the public domain.
- [21:39]: Listen and cultivate your intuitional voice.
- [22:12]: You can buy Samantha’s book ‘Of Gold and Dust’ at any bookstore.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Find out more at Samantha’s website https://samanthawills.com
- Follow her on Instagram @samanthawills
- Follow the Institute on Instagram @samanthawillsinstitute
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!