Have you met our Ivy Huang from Homes by Ivy yet? She’s a DevelopHer, a member of the BuildHer8 AND she’s also featured in a new BuildHer book!!!
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 38
MEET IVY HUANG
SHE’S IN OUR BUILDHER BOOK!
WELL HELLO THERE MISS IVY!
In this episode, Rebeka chats with Ivy Huang (she’s one of our DevelopHers!) about the developing project she has completed, her experience working with BuildHer, the new project she has just commenced, and participating in the BuildHer8 collaboration project – fun!
IN THIS PODCAST WE ARE TALKING IVY HUANG FROM “HOMES BY IVY”
Ivy has previously spoken to Rebeka last year about dealing with difficult people and hostile energies on the worksite. Through hard work and finding the right people, she is now experiencing a completely different vibe in her current project.
Ivy’s amazing strategising skills helped her to showcase her project in different publications and blogs, including on the cover of Domain Magazine! She discusses her love of creating sustainable homes that will stand for over a century by utilising materials with a low carbon footprint, low VOC, are beautiful AND comfortable.
Ivy shares advice on learning to spend your life creating something meaningful to you and following your passion.
Money isn’t everything, and finding something you are truly proud of creating is the most important thing.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
We love our Ivy – she’s growing everywhere in our community and we loved her project so much that yes, she is also included in our new book “BuildHer” (there’s a sneaky link below if you’d like to get your hands on it)! xx
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE WITH DEVELOPHER IVY HUANG:
- [2:20]: Ivy discusses how joining BuildHer changed her process and increased her confidence and hope.
- [3:15]: Ivy just started a new project and is very excited about the vibe and the product they are creating.
- [4:15]: Ivy has discovered her love for creating sustainable and long-standing homes.
- [5:39]: Ivy prefers considering different sustainable factors such as a low carbon footprint while building, the owners using a low carbon footprint while living in the house and finding materials that have a low VOC over knowing where to use a nail or screw.
- [7:34]: Ivy discusses her previous build and how she put it on the market, her budget, who are good people to hire, and a photographer.
- [9:00]: The editorial photo style is an effective method to showcase all of the hard work and the decisions that have been made.
- [9:22]: Through using a staging expert, Dylan the photographer, and Ivy, the house looked amazing which enabled it to be marketed beautifully on Instagram and featured on the cover of Domain magazine and other blogs.
- [10:00]: Ivy actively pursued the people and the publications that might be interested in sharing her story.
- [10:24]: Ivy’s strategising skills helped to feature the project in publications and blogs.
- [11:28]: It is very important to work out your options with your head and not your emotions. Especially when you are over your budget and determining how much to sell the house for.
- [13:30]: You will not be around for a long time so do the things that are fun and meaningful. Making a lot of money doesn’t always make you happy.
- [15:59]: Rebekah and Ivy discuss starting a new exciting project – the BuildHer8!
- [17:47]: The DevelopHer’s Masterclass teaches people how to develop for profit.
- [18:20]: Ivy discusses filming an 8 part series, in the BuildHer8, to share the journey and experience with other women who are interested in doing the same thing.
- [19:12]: It can be difficult to meet a group of people that are heading in the same direction as you and make friends but we have accomplished that with BuildHer 8!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out Ivy’s website Homes by Ivy
- Follow her Instagram @homes_by_ivy
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!