It’s true to say that in recent times, shopping online for products (all types of products) has pretty much become the new norm. Years ago however, when Scott Pendlebury set up The Renovator Store, an online platform to sell quality builidng fixtures and fittings, it was not so normal. With experience in the building game himself, Scott saw a gap in the market and an opportunity to provide quality products at amazing prices by cutting out the retailer. In this podcast episode, Rebeka and Scott chat about how it all started and how it’s all going.
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 40
CUTTING OUT THE MIDDLE MAN TO CUT DOWN THE COSTS
OUR CHAT WITH SCOTT PENDLEBURY FROM THE RENOVATOR STORE
WELCOME SCOTT TO THE PODCAST!
When you’re embarking on a renovation project you may find yourself running from showroom to showroom trying to get an idea on the myriad of fixtures and fittings that you can use in your home. This is such a time consuming process that can leave you feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.
IN THIS PODCAST WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RENOVATOR STORE
In this episode, Rebeka is talking with Scott Pendlebury from The Renovator Store. The Renovator Store is an online shop that will send quality products directly to the customer without the retailer. This method of cutting out the middle man enables The Renovator Store to sell their products much cheaper than the showrooms and retailers.
Scott shares his mission behind creating The Renovator Store and tips for renovating a house and keeping it within your budget. The key is being organised! The Renovator Store offers a return policy on their products so you can purchase knowing that you can return them if you change your mind.
If you’re after peace of mind shopping in the online space – check out The Renovator Store for all of the high quality fixtures and fittings you need for your next project.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE OF THE RENOVATOR STORE:
- [1:55]: Scott describes The Renovator Store and the mission behind creating the store.
- [4:11]: Scott and a team set up a fund during the GFC, took advantage of house prices in the United States and bought a large number of properties. During the renovations, he found how much cheaper it was to source fittings and fixtures in the online market.
- [6:12]: Scott isolated the product cost of the fittings and fixtures and went back to the source and the factories that they were made. He visited China and forged relationships with the manufacturers.
- [7:40]: Scott narrowed down the factories in China that had a high quality assurance.
- [9:02]: As an Australian Product Company, The Renovator Store is responsible for the quality of the products and commits to customer satisfaction and post-sale installation questions.
- [11:50]: Scott shares his tips for renovating your house. Price and being organised! Shopping online is an effective way to take control of price and budget. However, there are traps – you will need to be a smart online shopper. Only shop on websites that offer a return policy and you can call and talk about their products.
- [14:31]: People are less brand focused on fixtures and fittings than on appliances. The same manufacturer in China will make products that are sold at the high end retailers as well as products that are a quarter of the price.
- [15:28]: If you are going straight through a builder, you need to have a conversation about sourcing your fixtures and fittings. BuildHer promotes the Blended BuildHer model which is a collaborative approach to running a build where you work with the builder to source the supply.
- [16:15]: Architects are coming to The Renovator Store as their clients are specifying their products. The Renovator Store markets both business to business, and for owner builders who want to buy the product for themselves.
- [18:46]: The Renovator Store can also be used as a budgeting tool so you can build in the numbers from the beginning.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out The Renovator Store website
- The Renovator Store Instagram
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!