We are so excited to talk to Georgia Ezra from Studio Ezra today about her work and her thoughts on how to create and craft beautiful and unique spaces. You may also have seen the gorgeous authentic, sustainable and handmade tiles she has created via Tiles of Ezra. Georgia guides her clients through the process of building and renovating, considering all aspects of interior architecture and her biggest tip… well there are so many! Enjoy.
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 50
CRAFTING SPACES WITH GEORGIA EZRA
OUR CHAT WITH THE DIRECTOR OF STUDIO EZRA
IT TAKES SKILL AND PASSION TO CREATE A UNIQUE SPACE
Crafting beautiful, unique and bespoke interior designs transforms the living space and changes the way a home feels from the moment you walk through the door. A truly skilled interior architect will curate a house that reflects the personality of the owner and doesn’t merely just follow the current trend.
IN THIS PODCAST WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CRAFTING SPACES
In this episode, Rebeka is having a conversation with Georgia Ezra. Georgia is the founder of Studio Ezra, an amazing interior architecture firm that provides personalised service to clients to create homes and spaces that really excite and speak to them. Her incredible talent has overflowed to also running ‘Tiles of Ezra’ and her own podcast – ‘Step up your home with Georgia Ezra’.
We chat about how Georgia feels so passionately about not following trends. She encourages everyone to look at what sparks joy in your life and makes you feel really excited. There is no such thing as right and wrong when it comes to design and everyone should trust and embrace their gut feelings.
Georgia expertly guides her clients through the process of building and renovating their homes to consider every aspect of interior architecture. Each feature needs to be built in unison with the idea of the final vision, the furniture, the lifestyle and the way people will use the space. We talk about how difficult it can be for clients to disagree with their builders and contractors when making decisions about their vision. Interior architects like Georgia and her team at Studio Ezra can have all of those awkward conversations for you and have the knowledge to exhaust every option.
Georgia’s designs are so amazingly playful, creative and unique. She carefully curates designs and architecture that speak to your soul. Head over to her Instagram page or website and check out her truly inspiring portfolio for more.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE OF CRAFTING SPACES:
- [1:49]: Georgia shares how she feels about trends as an interior architect and designer.
- [3:25]: Interior design should look at what sparks joy in our lives.
- [5:00]: There is no such thing as right or wrong in terms of design.
- [7:20]: We should trust ourselves in our vision. Trends never account for what makes your house your home.
- [9:45]: Georgia is a believer in shopping from second-hand stores. Her home is furnished with family heirlooms, vintage items, and retro shopping.
- [11:38]: Georgia studied interior architecture at UNSW.
- [12:38]: Georgia talks about the furniture from the beginning of her interior architecture projects.
- [15:20]: When building your house, it can be so difficult to disagree with your builders and contractors to keep your ideal vision of the space. Interior architects can have these hard conversations for you.
- [18:55]: It’s nobody’s job to give you a list of the various decisions to watch out for. You need to educate yourself.
- [19:05]: Georgia has a great podcast where she helps people think about these decisions.
- [21:32]: When you work with Georgia, you have a personalised service when choosing all of your decisions and there is room to make changes along the way.
- [24:12]: Georgia gets an intuitive feeling of the direction of her designs. The spatial planning is the most important part and then everything else is layered on top.
- [24:49]: How to work with Georgia.
- [25:45]: Studio Ezra is brought in to help people who want an exclusive, bespoke, unique home.
- [28:03]: How to find out more about Georgia.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Website: Studio Ezra
- Instagram: @studio_ezra
- Podcast: Step Up Your Home with Georgia Ezra on Apple Podcasts
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!