We’ve talked about relationships in building before. Why they are so important to build and maintain. Building is a long term prospect, and the relationship between a builder and a client and a client and a builder needs to stand the test of time. Today on the podcast we are excited to talk to builder and developer Koray Kolege from Rubiks Cubed about this relationship from his point of view!
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 60
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN A CLIENT & A BUILDER
FROM THE BUILDER’S PERSPECTIVE
FINDING, AND GETTING ALONG WITH THE RIGHT BUILDER
What do you look for in a builder? It’s not quite a marriage, but the client-builder relationship is a fairly significant one. After all, you’re building a dream home together.. you want to make sure you get along well.
IN THIS PODCAST WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS
On the podcast today, Rebeka chats with builder and developer, Koray Kolege, who is the Director of Rubiks Cubed. With a background in law, and having started his own conveyancing practice, KLG Group, Koray has a great insight into all areas of building.
Koray and Rebeka talk about what makes a great client-builder relationship and the important things to consider when you’re on the hunt for the right one. It all comes down to clarity and communication and when you get that right, expectations are well managed and any difficulty can be worked through with relative ease.
Koray talks about how he approaches his projects and why he is very selective about who he works with, ensuring that his projects give him a sense of enjoyment and fulfillment. He prides himself in doing the best possible job and has an emotional connection with each project he takes on.
Now that’s the kind of builder you want.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE OF BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS:
- [2:00]: The relationship with a builder is throughout the building process and afterward for structural issues down the track
- [3:40]: Koray was a lawyer by trade and figured out it wasn’t for him. He fell into building when he was building his first home and started a conveyancing practice.
- [6:00]: A conveyancer completes the paperwork involved in a property purchase. This isn’t always a straightforward process.
- [7:30]: It comes down to clarity and communication and needing guidance to explain your rights and responsibilities in the process.
- [8:45]: Clarity of inclusions. Understand what you’re getting as an end product.
- [9:30]: Understand who to get in contact with if things don’t go according to plan. There is a teething process with a new house and the defect period allows for this.
- [11:20]: Quality control with a house isn’t all uniform so it’s about having the relationship with your builder to know that you’ll be looked after if and when things go wrong.
- [13:20]: Koray got into building because he couldn’t find the right relationship with an existing builder. Referrals are a good place to start. Try to find someone like minded
- [15:15]: Koray spends most of the time on his own projects and 1-2 builds per year for clients. This helps him understand how to work with people and not put himself in a stressful situation.
- [17:00]: Koray talks about the enjoyment factor with his builds. It’s important to approach projects with generosity and goodwill.
- [19:30]: Koray is very selective about who he works with. He prefers to build family homes and do it at the highest level possible. This gives him a sense of enjoyment and work/life balance.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Follow them on Instagram @rubiks__cubed
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!