Don’t make a “To Do” list this summer, make a “Summer List of Maintenance Awesomeness”! The list of things to do around the house can sometimes seem endless, but maintain your home and keeping it in pristine condition will benefit you and your home in the long run! Let’s get your home maintenance sorted for the summer yeah?
WELCOME TO SEASON 3 | EPISODE 61
YOUR SUMMER LIST OF MAINTENANCE AWESOMENESS
START PLANNING NOW!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS SUMMER?
If you’re a homeowner, you likely have a list as long as your arm of stuff that needs to get done around the place. There’s always something to fix, something to clean, something that needs replacing or tidying up.
IN THIS PODCAST WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOME MAINTENANCE
It can feel like a drag but it doesn’t have to take up all your time and energy. We suggest, if you want your place to feel great and look pristine, create a list of maintenance awesomeness! It’s way more fun than a to-do list.
In this episode, Rebeka and Kribashini share a list of the top 10 things you should think about doing every year to keep your house in tip-top condition. From cleaning out the gutters to regrouting tiles and tightening up door handles, we’ve got the basics covered and then some.
When you’re done, you’ll be amazed at how much difference it makes and how little time it actually takes to have a pristine home.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & WHAT ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO LISTEN TO!
Let us know what you think about this one, won’t you? If you’d like to leave us a little review, that would really help us out too… it’s so easy to do in the App where you get your podcasts. Thanks in advance! xx
If you have a topic or question you’d like us to cover, contact us here.
TOPICS WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE OF HOME MAINTENANCE:
- [1:20]: People expect a house to be finished and then never have to touch it again but there are certain things you need to do regularly to keep your house in pristine condition.
- [3:00]: Give your house a wash! Get the pressure washer out every year or so. This is a good opportunity to get rid of cobwebs and clean out the gutters.
- [4:30]: Touch up or repaint areas that need it. This needs doing semi-frequently and doesn’t take a huge amount of time.
- [5:30]: Tighten up handles and screws that have come loose. Change over or freshen them up if you want to.
- [6:00]: Clean carpets, curtains, couches and mattresses. Baking soda on the carpet helps to deodorise.
- [7:00]: Check your timber floors and tiles. Be mindful that everything needs to be cleared out when you maintain flooring.
- [8:50]: Tiles and bathrooms. Grout and silicone are some of the most common areas that cause issues. Look out for potholes, cracks and loose areas.
- [9:45]: Check smoke detectors and change batteries.
- [10:30]: Give your windows and doors some love. Look at the door tracks, flyscreens and hardware.
- [11:40]: Reseal your deck or outside tiles.
- [12:20]: Spare a little thought to your garden. Most gardens need a tidy up every couple of months.
- [13:00]: Rebeka has an awesome machine to clean her outside tiles and keeping that area looking lovely is important because they use it so much.
- [14:00]: Cutting plants back. Give them a bit of food, mulch and protection from summer sun.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Buy our new book BuildHer here
- Check out our resources page here and book your free 20min consult here
- BuildHer Collective on Instagram
- Build Like A BuildHer Program – Learn How to Build Your Dream Home the Right Way!
- The DevelopHers Masterclass Program – Women Building for Profit!
- Facebook Communities
We have several Facebook Groups at BuildHer Collective.
MEMBER ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
This group is for members only – BuildHers and DevelopHers. This is a closed group for women who are doing our Build Like a BuildHer program or who have joined our DevelopHers Masterclass.
FREE FACEBOOK GROUP – Join Us!
Anyone is more than welcome to join our Women who Design, Decorate, Renovate & Build group. You will note that it’s a closed group. Just ask to join and if you’re into building and renovating.
This is such an amazing and supportive FREE community, so come on and join in the building goodness!